22 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Informal Learning Exhibit

To contact us Click HERE



Designing the Webster Hall Geology and Physics Museum was very different than what I am used to designing. I have only worked in groups of 2-3 people before so working with 9 people on this project was definitely new for me. It was also the first project I have done where we were working with a limited budget and were trying to reuse as much existing materials as we could. 
Some of the successful aspects of this project were how the geology cases flowed together and really were able to tell a story. One of the things we were focused on from the beginning was fluidity and telling a complete story that made sense. Another thing I think was successful were the new posters for the physics interactive exhibits. The old posters and explanations were lengthy and hard to read. When we redesigned them, we added some color, fluidity and creativity to what was already there. I think the new posters and explanations really draw people in and make them want to play with the interactive. 
I think I have improved as a designer with this project and have learned how to better work in a group situation. As good of an experience it was to work with such a large team, I feel like it was one of the more unsuccessful parts of this project.  It was new for me to work with this many people and have to be able to juggle so many opinions, viewpoints and personalities. Because there were so many opinions, it was hard for me to speak up if I felt like something was not I thought it should be, which is something I need to work on. In the future, when I am working in a group as big as this, my goal is give my opinion about more things and not fear that it will be shot down. I mostly worked on the visual aspects of this project and designed the cases and the new interactive explanations but I would like to, in the future, work more on the program and more of the technical aspects. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder