7 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

A Chef's Sanctuary

To contact us Click HERE

This is a weekend getaway designed for an aspiring chef. This home is in the Palouse and has amazing views from the south and southwest. I incorporated my Light Moment into this project  which can be seen in the windows of the kitchen. One of my main ideas throughout this design was to really connect the outdoors to the indoor space. I wanted to focus on the kitchen and make it easy for the client to be able to have guests over and be in the kitchen, whether that's inside or outside. The kitchen extends outside and curves around with the patio. There is a fireplace incorporated into the outdoor space as well as a garden with fresh herbs. Against the window of the kitchen, there are vines growing up the side which will create shadows on the inside that are constantly changing throughout the day with the sun. The floor plan was meant to be open and free and was designed around the view of the Palouse. My intentions for the entry way was to have the space open up to a captivating view and invite guests into the space.

As a whole, I enjoyed this project. It gave me the opportunity to design a home that is about creativity and allows the chef to retreat to a space where she can be culinary genius. Connecting the indoors to the outdoors created a challenge for me, but I am extremely happy with the outcome of this space.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder